Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pneumonia, naps, and pizza

Between med changes and pneumonia, Dad
just can't keep his eyes open these days.
When it comes to the elderly, pneumonia is a scary thing for it can wreak havoc on already weakened and compromised immune systems. Sis got a call on Sunday that Dad was sick and running a high temperature. When we saw the Doctor today, she said it more than likely is pneumonia.

He's been on a strong course of antibiotics since Sunday and seems to be responding well. He's coughing, but it doesn't seem too bad. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he has gotten off easy, though he is very tired and weakened. He slept through most of our visit again, so we put him in his bed for a proper nap when we left.

Unfortunately, the antibiotics have him off of his food because nothing tastes good. Today, he turned down cheesecake, cupcakes, and regular cake which, if you know my father, is unheard of. The man does love his sweets.

Friday is our once-a-month pizza party for the Memory Care residents. I'm hoping his taste buds will be back to normal by then. 'Cause, you know, the guy loves his pizza, too. :)


2 comments:

  1. I hope your Dad is feeling well enough for his pizza too. I don't comment often Cia but I read often and your family is often in my prayers. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your dad is doing better? He's a guy that takes after my own heart...sweets are my weakness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing this journey with us.