Saturday, April 20, 2013

Musical Memories

My father was always a music lover, with tastes that ran from Edith Piaff to Leo Sayer. (Trust me, that's a *wide* gap. *grin*)  He also loved to sing, though he was...how shall I put this nicely...tone deaf. When my sister and I were growing up, Dad could often be found in the family room, with his ear phones on, singing at the top of his lungs to a Neil Diamond song. He had no idea how bad he sounded, lol. But trust me, Sis and I were reluctant to bring friends home when there was any chance Dad might be singing!

Today, at Dad's facility, there was a live musician playing at lunchtime for the Memory Care residents. For about the first half of the program, Dad kept asking us to turn down the music, and wondering if the neighbors were going to complain. After he settled into the program, though, he sang along -- softly, because he can't remember many of the words anymore.

You know what? I'd love to hear him sing loudly again.

Even off key. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing this journey with us.