Sunday, May 26, 2013

What was that word? Oh,yeah. Crap.

While sitting on Dad's bed waiting from him to fall asleep for a nap, I chatted with him about inconsequential things, but he was having such a tough time finding the words he wanted to say. Finally, in frustration, he looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"I really am losing it," he said.

I willed myself not to fall apart and concentrated on trying to make him feel better. I replied, "These things happen with age, Dad, you know? I have trouble sometimes, too. I'll be talking to someone and can't find the word I want to use no matter how hard I try."

He looked at me with big eyes. "You, too?"

"Me, too, Dad. And I know it's frustrating."

"It's crap," he said.

Yeah. It is.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing this journey with us.