Friday, August 23, 2013

Chocolate, Trips, and a(nother) Goodbye

Spent a lovely afternoon with Dad today. He was in a great mood, albeit a bit tired. He ate well at lunch, including the candy bar I brought for him, and, of course, drank several glasses of his ubiquitous chocolate milk. We took advantage of the gorgeous weather (around 75 today) and sat outside, chatting with some students who were visiting from St. Vincent College in Latrobe, PA.

We had a bit of sadness, too, as Dad had to say goodbye to one of his best buddies, an aide named Christina. She's moving on to a new job. We wish her much luck and happiness, but we are sure going to miss her.

As she was hugging Dad and saying goodbye, he reached over and kissed her cheek. So sweet.

Dad asked me today where I was staying. He thinks I'm in town just for a visit. I told him I was staying nearby and he said, "Good. We can make a quick getaway."

Laughing, I asked him where he wanted to go.

"Nowhere," he said. "It's just in case we *want* to go, we'll be ready."

Can't argue with that logic. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing this journey with us.