Saturday, October 5, 2013

Twelve, Going on 81

I reminded Dad on Friday that his birthday is next week.

"Do you know how old you're going to be?" I asked him.

"Haven't a clue," he said.

"You're going to be 81."

He looked at me with raised eyebrows. "How old?"

"Eighty-one."

He shook his head again. "I don't feel 81."
We were having a bit of a bad hair day. ;)

"How old do you feel?" I asked him.

"I don't feel a day over twelve," he said.

 "Twelve?" I said, laughing. "Twelve?"

"Okay, how about thirty," Dad said, winking at me. "I don't feel a day over 30."

"Thirty I'll give you," I said. "But you can't be twelve because that would mean I wouldn't exist, right?"

He thought about that.

"Can't have that," he said, finally. "Nope, can't have that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing this journey with us.