Friday, December 20, 2013

A Super Duper Girl

Lately, during our visits, Dad will fixate on a thought and run with it. Sometimes it seems to be about a military experience (boot camp,maybe), and other times its about a train or bus trip he needs to take. But for our entire visit, he will run that conversation in a loop, like a broken record.

Sis says that Wednesday was a military day. Today, he was going on the trip.

"Where do I get my tickets?" he asked.

"Don't worry about it, Dad. I'll pick them up for you."

"We need to get them quickly."

"I know, Pops. I'm going to pick them up on my way home."

"Tonight?" he asked.

"Yep. As soon as I leave here," I assured him.

"Geez," he said, winking at me, "you're a super duper girl to do that for me."

Awww.

Later on, after explaining some of the vague intricacies of the trip that were worrying him, I assured him I would help in any way I could.

He then gave me the following fatherly advice:

"Whatever you do, do the right thing, but don't stick yourself...in the boot."

I think he was going for "Don't shoot yourself in the foot."

I assured him I wouldn't. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing this journey with us.